The number two question/statement: My computer won't open your product because it says it is corrupted. What do I do?
Other common questions/statements: The file is Zipped how do I open it? When I preview, there are black lines connecting the letters. Can you email me the PDF? Why can't you email me the file as a Word Doc? TpT charged my Pay Pal twice. What do I do?
The good news is, the answers are simple.
Please, do not feel in any way insulted if I or another TpT seller has copy and pasted this post link into an email or comment on TpT. This is just the easiest and the most effective way for us to help you. That being said, read below and your problems will be solved!
1. Black bars - These are showing up because you do not have the most updated version of Adobe Reader installed on your computer or you have a Mac. If you go to your purchases page (click here), you will see the word "blurry" flashing. There is a link there to download the newest version of Adobe for free.
If you have a Mac, go to your downloads folder. Open your the file with Adobe, not your default reader. I have a Mac, so I have this issue also.
2. Corrupted Files - Rest assured the file is not corrupted and does not contain a virus. It probably just was created in a computer with a newer version of Adobe or Word than you have on your computer. Follow the steps in number one above and it should open fine.
3. Thin Black Lines -The black thin lines connecting the letters will not show when you print. For some reason, they only show up in preview. Test one page to print and make sure.
4. Zipped Files - You should be able to just right click a download zip file and it will unzip. If the file does not unzip, I suggest you read Ashley Hughes' comprehensive post on zipped files. Just click here.
4. I am so sorry but sellers cannot email you a Word document or the PDF file and here is why:
- If we were to send you a Word file, your computer might not have the same version of Word as ours, you would not have our purchased font installed on your computer, and the margins would most likely be off. So even if we did send it, it would look totally different than the PDF file and it would take you hours to fix. Besides that, we might have made the file in Pages, Publisher, Adobe, Power Point, etc.
- It is not good business. We work hard creating products and we don't want edited versions/variations of our product out there for free or for sale.
- Sellers cannot email you the PDF file. There have been stories of people scamming TpT authors by contacting them through TpT, asking for files to be emailed to them. These people had never purchased the file to begin with. If there is a problem or typo in the PDF, email the author. The author can update the file and then you can re-download. An alert will show up on your purchases page, allowing you to re-download.
5. Any billing questions should go through customer service at TpT. Sellers do not get paid directly from you, we are paid quarterly from TpT. We do not have the power to issue refunds. You can contact customer service by clicking the "Contact Us" link on TpT.
Thank you for your purchases. I hope this helped you out with your technical difficulties! I know that I would be so disappointed if I was unable to open a download. TpT is full of amazing and authentic teacher created resources!
Fellow TpT sellers, feel free to send customers the link to this post. I am happy to help out!