Today, I am linking up with my buddy Kathleen of Growing Kinders with my technology resolution.
Use the SmartBoard more and not just to show movies!
I have had my SmartBoard a few years and I do love it. I use it everyday with our math series (Go Math) and attendance. Yet, I don't feel I am using it to it's full potential. I think I just get a bit overwhelmed with all that is out there for it. So my resolution this year is to take baby steps and start utilizing it in a more interactive way.
How I use it now:
- Attendance - one of my fellow first grade teachers made a cute practical file, which has the kids move their name to what they are getting for lunch. It was so generous of her to share, I just changed the names of her students to mine. I love how easy it is to edit a SmartBoard file!
- I use it for my math series by logging in through ThinkCentral. It is a great visual for the kids and they love the Curious George Videos.
- I take little screen shots of my TpT products and insert them into SmartBoard files. I do this for Venn diagrams especially!
- Brain Pop Junior! I love this site. You seriously need to ask your district to buy a membership. My students love Moby! I love that the videos are short and educational. I also love the little quizes at the end.
- Spelling City - This site is great for computer lab, but also a fun whole class way to play a game with spelling words.
- YouTube Videos - This is my favorite penguin video!!!
Please, link up with Kathleen by clicking here! I hope to snag some more ways to use the SmartBoard.
There is also a flash giveaway where you could win my New Year's Unit among other awesome goodies!