I know many of you have been waiting for this! It is finally done.
After years of an outdated phonics scope and sequence, my colleague, Janine, and I decided to create a new scope and sequence. Our old one was based on an outdated Harcourt series we no longer used. We came up with this first grade phonics scope and sequence. You can download the scope and sequence here for free! You can read on to see what is included in the packet and hopefully purchase it. I am telling you, this packet is easy to implement and will save you tons of time.
You can click any of the images to download our preview file.
We have included activities to go with the words for each week. The activities can be used for morning job, homework, centers, or seat work.
Tiny Word Search
Graph the Word
Search/Read/Write the Room
How to fold a Cootie Catcher
How to Play:
1. The students take turns holding the cootie catcher.
2. The student not holding the cootie catcher picks a word from the outside.
3. The student holding the cootie catcher spells the word, opening and closing the cootie catcher for each letter.
4. The inside of the cootie catcher is now open. The student not holding the cootie catcher picks another word. The student holding the cootie catcher spells that word, opening and closing the cootie catcher again.
5. The student not holding the cootie catcher picks a word from the opening. The student holding the cootie catcher picks up the flap.
6. The student holding the cootie catcher asks the other student to spell the word under the flap, helping if he/she gets it wrong.
7. Students take turns until center time is over.
Thanks for reading this whole post! I hope you check out the packet, I have it listed at a reduced price!