First Grade Meet the Teacher Night

11 September 2014
Last night, was my 13th Meet the Teacher Night.  I have been teaching first grade for 12 years and yet I still update and come up with new ideas every year.   This year, I decided to give the parents water bottles as welcome gifts.  
You can snag the tags for free {here}.   I get asked all the time about the font and it is a KG font called KG Why You Gotta Be So Mean.   It is a bounce font, you need to hit the shift key for every other letter to create the bounce.  I love all of KG's fonts and have the huge commercial use license
The students' "All About Me" projects hung from the line across the room.  The project is from my It's All About Me packet. 

On each desk were these three items:  "Important 1st Grade Information" folder, water bottle, and first day of school magnet.
 You can find the label for the folder and many other forms {here}, in my Back to School Organizational Forms and More Packet.   For their first day of school magnets, I take a photo of each student on the first day of school holding a frame (here is the post about the frame).  I upload the photos to PicMonkey and use the "Square Deal" collage.  I print the photos and laminate them.  Then I hot glue the photos to a clothespin.  I add a strong magnet to the back.  I print and cut the poems.  The poem can be found in my Back to School Writing Prompts and More packet.

Inside the folder I have my General Information Packet, lunch slips, student directory, parent volunteer slips, Donors Choose photography permission slips, EngageNY guides, and Highlights order forms.

In addition to the folder, I give a Power Point presentation.  After the presentation, I encourage parents to take a helping hand from the helping hand poster.  These helping hands are donations needed for the classroom.   I have posted the file for TpT, you can check it out {here}.


If you already had your "Meet the Teacher Night," I hope it went well.  If not, I hope this post helps you.  As always, feel free to pin.

11 comments:

  1. What a fabulous post…your parents were no doubt impressed! Please share more about your EngageNY guides. We've just started this program and could use added tips. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they were download from the EngageNY site itself. You may want to check out this post for more resources: http://ericabohrer.blogspot.com/2014/10/engage-ny-first-grade-math-resources.html

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the tip about the font. It's terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous open house ideas! How thoughtful and considerate of you to create a keepsake for the parents to receive!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  4. Looks like you had everything organized and ready! I agree about switching things up every year. I think that's what makes a great teacher! Have a fab year!

    xo
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really cool! I'm doing something similar to the water bottles for teacher appreciation week this week, and I wanted to know where the fonts you used came from?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really great! For water bottle tags, where did you get the fonts?

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top