15 October 2016

In a week or so we will be starting our bat unit in first grade.  I thought you might be doing the same with your first graders.   I have a few bat themed units on TpT such as my Batty for Bats file and my Bats Interactive Science Notebook file, which are both perfect for first grade.   I also have some freebie files for you in this post!

I pulled a few pages from the Batty for Bats packet to give you these freebies.

My full Batty for Bats file includes an interactive Bat Life Cycle.

The Roll and Write a Word Center is meant to be used with Kiddocubes.  I love mine and I love them even more because a teacher friend of mine created them.   

The file above is a preview from the packet below:

As with all our science units, we start with a schema chart.

Bats are perfect for introducing students to informational text features!  We began last week with pumpkins and now the students run up to me every time they see a bold print word or a heading.  They get so excited!   Click here to go to my post and snag the cards below. 

If you are looking for a purely science themed packet, check out my Bats Interactive Science Packet below:

 Here some more photos from my interactive notebook packet. 

Here are some of the read alouds I am utilizing for my bat unit. 

I want to leave you with another freebie.  I updated this file from way back when!

Click {HERE} to download!

I use this Word document to help the students brainstorm sentences for each letter.   I left my examples in there to make it easier for you.  You can click below to download the Word file.

Thanks for reading, I hope you found some resources to teach your students about bats! 


Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top